My Little Life

 Hi! I'm Audrey, the Little Life Wife.

I have spent so much time wanting the best. The best chocolate. The best toothbrush. The best citrus juicer. 

Here's what I realized: the idea of "the best" is propagated by a consumerist culture that needs you to "need" more things so that you keep them in business. You will never own "the best" car for more than a few months, because the next "best" will come out and out mode you. 

What if good enough is good enough? What if I just stop chasing "the best"?

What if my best life is a little one?

A little life with my little family in my little house. My little life full of family time, void of stuff and things. 

The trick is to have less to have more. Have less stuff to have more peace of mind, more freedom, and more time. 

I don't need to be a master chef, I can be a crockpot cooker for my whole life and that doesn't make me a failed or lazy homemaker. It means I have time to read my favorite book, go for a walk, and kiss my husband when he gets home. 

I am learning that a little life fills my big heart right to the very top. 

Comments